Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does membership cost?
Memberships are $10/month and it includes access to our rotating clubhouse, all JBSC events & member perks. Plus access to our social app where members connect, post events & more.
2. How do I find out about events?
Download Geneva. Our community is hosted on a social app that has a built in calendar for all events. You can also post your own events so you never have to explore NYC alone- ever again!
3. What are the events like?
We encourage you to loosen up & show up for a fun time. No business cards, no pitching! Drinks + conversations are both always flowing. We also recommend to show up alone so you can mingle with other JBSC members.
4. Do I need to download Geneva to be a member?
Yes! All JBSC members are in the app- Geneva. It's like Slack
- but better. Members can post events, ask for advice, share stories & reply in emojis & gifs!
5. When will my invite request be accepted?
All applications are reviewed on a weekly basis. If approved, you'll be in the club within 1-2 weeks after you submit your application.
6. Can I cancel my membership?
Yes! You can cancel any time. Once you cancel, you'll have access to the club until the end of your billing cycle.
7. Why do I need Jet Black Social Club in my life?
Glad you asked! It's easy to prioritize your work life so much that you lose yourself as a unique person. We encourage a work/life balance and want to make sure you feel heard & seen as you, not as your job title.
8. Can I join if I'm not a New Yorker?
Sorry! All of our events are in Manhattan, so if you're not a New Yorker, you won't get much value here.
9. Can I invite my friends?
Absolutely! We highly encourage members to invite their friends. We believe great communities grow best word of mouth!